Tea at the Tower
In March 2017, church volunteers came together with the idea of establishing a café under the tower. Our aim was to provide the opportunity for people to appreciate the beauty and tranquility of St Mary’s as an ancient building whilst at the same time enjoying some fabulous home made refreshments.
We were thrilled that ‘Tea at the Tower’ should receive accreditation as ‘A Place of Welcome’ from ‘Transforming Lives Together’ (a joint venture between the Diocese of Chester and The Church Urban Fund).
Progress does not stand still and for the energetic ‘Guided Circular Walks’ are available (1-2 hour walks across our beautiful Cheshire countryside). These walks have become very popular – and our walkers enjoy returning for tea and cakes afterwards!
The dates for our next walks are:
- 6th February
- 6th March
- 3rd April
- 8th May
A Warm Welcome Awaits You
Tea At The Tower News
Saturday 22nd January 2021 The Battle of Nantwich Meet St Marys Church Acton 9am to...
The Acton Church - Christmas Walk The annual Acton Church Christmas Walk took place on...
No Boxing Day Tea At The Tower Tea At The Tower is taking a short break and will not be...
Christmas Concert - Saturday 11th December 2021.In aid of tower clock repairs The Acton...
Harvest Songs of Praise 3rd October Please come and join us at 5pm on 3rd October 2021...
Singing at Tea At The Tower ♬ Tea at the Tower on September 12th, was made ‘extra...
Acton Walks 2021 It’s been a long time since the last walk took place on the 8 March...
We are Back! Tea at the Tower will restart on Sunday 29th August 2021 at 2:30 pm....
We take our responsibility to reduce the risks of Covid transmission very seriously.
- Our volunteers are briefed each week about the steps we have adopted to keep our visitors safe.
- All volunteers will wear face coverings.
- We suggest our visitors wear face coverings when entering and exiting the Church.
Our visitors will ENTER the Church using the WEST DOOR and EXIT using the SOUTH DOOR. These will be be clearly signed.
- We request that our visitors sanitise their hands when entering and leaving the building.
- We invite our visitors to be seated at a table and beverages will be served to them.
- After using the toilet facilities, please can we request that, visitors sanitise any areas they have touched using the sanitiser and paper towels provided (and dispose of towels in the bin provided).